Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Campers List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

oh... and i forgot my two cents......n n an itemized list of what is spent and what is taked in is shown at the meeting, we can hang it up at the main board after the meeting for all those interested. n n and....if you people can come up with a good idea for the money, the associatin can vote on it at the meeting (like we did for the mosquito thingybrad, you were not there to vote so no complaining out of you) and spend till your frickin hearts content, just come up with some stinkin ideas that everyone wants, and yes the association did set money aside for fixing the tarp.....so who wants to take charge of fixing it....anyone ...anyone..........someone do it and you will get the money!!!!!!!...the meetings arnt friendly?.....no there not.....thats why we set up an email address for anyone who wanted to add input without being tortured by the other campersn n and honey does attract more ants than vinegar.....but i hate antsn n sorry i got a little heated there, but its so hard not to sometimes, there...now excuse me while i have a shot.........ok now i feel completely better and i love everyone at bbh againn :p n disclaimer:these feelings though stated on the bbh website may not be the feelings of all the bbh campers....just one pms ing mother of twinsn n deb j......the watches.... probably the dollar section of target if i know erica
brad wills

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

I will head up rebuilding the tarp!!!!! I will try and get 15 men that want to really work tearing that old one down and rebuilding it. I have a lot of questions?? How much money you got?? Do you what a vinyl roof so we don't have to roll it up?? Do you want colored lights too?? Do you want a teeper roof so the snow slids off??Do you want sides?? I want input before I start because once we start no changes period or I don't head it up. It will take 200 man hours probably. OK I'm ready for input??????????????????????????? Everybody has good and not so good ideas. Thats good. Yes I didnt make last years meeting but now I know its posted.Thats good.I'm glad I asked for the money totals.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

3,000$ i believe was set aside, no sides, i think we should keep it pretty much the same. you will have to ask johnny about the roof vs tarp. and i am not sure about his rules for building, i think he usually wants things built in the fall rather than the spring, but he might make an exception for the tarp. and i also assume he would have the final ok.....go for it
dlarsen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

hi brad, if you have a definite date to work let dave know he will plan for it.
Krowe888@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Brad, let me know when dates have been decided. I am not great but I do know how to use a hammer, staple gun, drill, and some grunt work as long as it doesn't involve broken bones or a hernia. If my girls are around they are willing to help too. Ayn
Krowe888@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Deb Leahy, thanks for the offer of mailing me a copy of your campers list. I appreciate it. Ayn
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Now, that's the spirit! That's what camping is supposed to be about. Nicely putting out the ideas, discussing them and then following through. Glad to see. I am offering my help as well. Smile n I know some high schools require community service hours. We have some young men at camp who helped me out with the tarp and getting ready for the potluck dinners that may be available to help out on the new structure. Just a thought. They were very helpful to me. n Thanks, Sharon for the hint on the watches. I will check it out. Who would think something so small could affect a child sooooo much!!!!!
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Thanks for some response.I will go to camp and talk to john first as that was my first priority.I will measure the existing tarp and structure.I will see if we can replace it for 3,000 dollars first just like it is. Sharon I did not mean shingle the roof. I meant vinyl the would last 20 years plus. If we leave the tarp up we can use regular wood. If we take the tarp off we should use pressure treated wood. Pressure treated will be a lot more money but the vinyl will be more too. But i was thinking if we life the roof on it would protect the tables from the weather too.
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

If you are considering leaving the tarp up for the winter, it will either need a lot more pitch, or a lot more supports. I think both options are not feasable. As for the tarp, it is vinyl, and has been up for quite a few years.
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Ron if that tarp is vinyl it sure is light in weight.The vinyl that is in the pit is heavy from jim's canvas. I think its a good idea to plan to leave it up? I have some builder friends I"ll ask them about beefing it up for snow load without a lot of posts.Maybe it can't be done but I will ask first. I have a feeling that we will only be able to rebuild it like it is for 3,000 dollars? Keep the advise coming??
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

Don't forget to take the wind into account. Those winter storms can get bad and with no walls we need to make sure it can handle it.
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

OK Brad,it must be late at night I am going to offer you my help but please don't yell at me while we work, you can be so mean at times.n n I think if you get the tarp like mine (Jim's canvas shop) you'll be good to go,I had over 2.5 ft on my roof during that blizzard a few yrs back and the walls were going before the tarp.I just put in a pole in the center and pulled the walls back in and its fine.......What do I know,my thing is floors not roofs Smile n n But one thing I do know yr before last when I helped roll out the tarp that wood was all rotted and I was surprised it was still standing this yr.....it must have "Curlew Power"
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Campers List Reply with quote

JP, just make sure you wear your hard hat and a good set of ear plugs. (And hide your lunch)
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray I was hoping you would make the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches??LOL
dlarsen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool now ray, be nice~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: