Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

closing camp 2005
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayn H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I saw John this weekend and asked and it looks like it will be Columbus Day Weekend.
John Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Its the end.....closing up totally this week,not that we ever got back down after Sept 1 but I always have a hard time closing,its just one of those things ya don't want to do...n n No pumping out needed here,we are from the brown house crew,we're just full of it loln n Sad
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hey JP, It's nice to be able to make it to the Brown House but, when your legs are not as fast as your BLDDER, Get the picture????? Be ready for it. It comes with age. Of course there is always a Porta Potty. Ha.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

or catheter with a leg bag
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Great answer Ayn, but, it only covers the liquid and not the solids. Unless you have an answer to that problem too. By the way, is it a one day bag or a weekender. Does it come in vacation size too? Can you go swimming with it? I wouldn't want to play Vollyball with it on. Where do you empty it? Smile
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Thanks to Kerry and Bill Dunfey, we finally got pumped out last weekend. Kerry spoke to the pumper guy in regard to the situation over the summer. He said he was working a lot and there were answer machine troubles, etc. She inquired if there could be set dates arranged ahead of time so that we would all know at the beginning of the season and the dates could be posted. Hopefully, over the winter, that plan can be solidified so that next summer is not a repeat of this summer. Now, we can winterize. n Hope everyone has a great winter and see you in the spring!!!n Ray, you mentioned some people that might be interested in our Florida vacation rental. I don't think monthly rental rates are listed on the web site www.whisperingpalmsvilla.com , but the price is substantially less. Feel free to give them our e-mail eaglesnest56dj@yahoo.com.n Maria Eugenio, Mariah and I just got back from there. We had an awesome time. No big hurricanes this time, just the remnants of a small one. We went from 90 degrees to 54 degrees returning home. Brrrrrr. At least it wasn't 11 degrees like when we came home in January. Now that's cold.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hey Ray as you saw on Sunday I am back in the saddle again as shaky as it feels. Thanks for your concern. That is something I hope I never experience again. Are you all winterized and shut down for the season? I did that this weekend and it was so sad. Think I will go back Sunday to do some cleaning and odds and ends and that will be it.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Ayn,it was great to see you up and around just one week post op. Too bad it wasn't summer and you could have recovered on the beach.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hi Ayn. I am all winterized in the trailer but, I have heat all around and am set up for cold weather camping. I usually sleep over several nights in January and February but, Evelyn, has already put the kibosh to that since the heart situation came to being. I have dry food products there that you just add water to and pook, instant C rations. It is kind of lonely down there in winter. I don't see many people. For me it is sort of a soul search and it is a great place to think things out. I refrain from all work and dangerous activity since I am usually alone. You can hear your own heart beat at times. It is that quiet. It was good to see you having a speedy recovery. I would have liked to help you more with the canoe but, I have to be a bit on the cautous side. I may come down this week depending on the weather. I Might bring Armand down too. He has told me he would like to go down. Hope the weather cooperates
John Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hey Ann,n You OK Sad Hope ya feel better,I still have to get down to finish up,maybe Sunday......
dlarsen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

sorry jp i don't think you are going to make it down on sunday according to the weather at 6. we went down today and did all we had to do to close up for the season all that is left to do is help eric winterize. see you next season and have a good winter
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hey JP. After coming in with all the snow last winter, rain should be a piece o' cake. Bringum' big umbrula or wear Oilers. Very Happy And of course boots.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Deb J thanks for your concern. If it was summer I may have tried to squeeze a few more days out of it. Mentally I was morer than ready to go back.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

JP yes I am okay. Thanks for your concern. Just a wake up call that reminded me just how much we take for granted day after day and then when something unexpected happens it really makes you wish that some of the things in life that you took time to think about doing that you had also taken the actions to get them done. I was lucky.......some people aren't.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Hey Ray you were helpful believe me and I thank you once again. I know exactly what you mean about that quiet and soul searching at camp. That is one of the best things about being there. And I love the quiet and don't mind being alone but you never know what can happen and there is always the chance if something happens and nobody is around you could get into trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: