Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 camping season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

lets start a list of ideas of things to do next summer??? at least kick around ideas before our 4th of july meeting??????
pat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

I'd like to do the poker tournament again, but last year's turnout was so pathetic that I'm wondering if it's really worth tying up the community tarp for ten guys. It might be better to just have it in someone's campsite.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Oh no Pat! Keep it on the list! If you remember there was a hurricane reported for that night and next morning...everyone just went home except for your true blue campers! I think its a good idea there was a lot of good talk about it!!!
sharon s.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

well we have all the old favorites: n swimming events, field day races, craft day, halloween,sunday party,.......its just finding the people to run them. i know deb and i plan on doing another survivor day. Cool
pat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Deb,n n I'm sure I'll do it again. If for no other reason than that the association ponied up over a hundred bucks for the equipment, and we'll need a couple more tournaments to break even.n n I know a few people that weren't there due to the hurricane, but there were very few signups.n n We can't drink beer under the tarp, and poker without beer is like pizza without beer. Or football without beer. Or Raisin Bran without beer. Wink n n If we had it in someone's campsite, we could bring beer. But if there is a sufficiently large enough number of people who want to play, we can do it under the tarp. We just need a crowd of people to go up to John and Linda wielding torches and pitchforks and demanding beer.
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

GOOD IDEAS SHARONS RIGHT WE CAN RUN ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU NEED PEOPLE TO RUN THE EVENTS. PAT IF YOU GET MORE THAN 12 YOU NEED TO DO IT UNDER THE TARP. YOU CAN DO IT AT MY SIGHT WITH ABOUT 14 AT MY TABLE AND 3 BEER WAITRESSES!!! HA HA
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Oh, and Brad?n n STOP SHOUTING! Very Happy
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Great idea for a thread!n n I think the activities that have been done traditionally are all good choices and also think that the Poker Tournament will do better in the future. (Maybe if there is the occasional "Poker Night" at someone's site it will result in more overall interest?)
pat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Yeah, you're disturbing the people over in the next forum.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by bwills:n GOOD IDEAS SHARONS RIGHT WE CAN RUN ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU NEED PEOPLE TO RUN THE EVENTS. PAT IF YOU GET MORE THAN 12 YOU NEED TO DO IT UNDER THE TARP. YOU CAN DO IT AT MY SIGHT WITH ABOUT 14 AT MY TABLE AND 3 BEER WAITRESSES!!! HA HA
:Dyou should always shout when saying SHARONS RIGHT...HEHE
Jerry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

(wisper) Sharons right.
Jerry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Or is it (WHisper)
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by sharon s.:n
Quote:
Originally posted by bwills:n [b]GOOD IDEAS SHARONS RIGHT WE CAN RUN ANYTHING EXCEPT YOU NEED PEOPLE TO RUN THE EVENTS. PAT IF YOU GET MORE THAN 12 YOU NEED TO DO IT UNDER THE TARP. YOU CAN DO IT AT MY SIGHT WITH ABOUT 14 AT MY TABLE AND 3 BEER WAITRESSES!!! HA HA
:Dyou should always shout when saying SHARONS RIGHT...HEHE[/b]
Nice try Steve, what a kiss @$$.
John Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Hey, you guys do use this board,Brad you always talk loud ,why should this board be any different. Smile (love ya man lol)n n I have been camping at beautiful Blueberry Hill I think 5 yrs now,whenever there is an event most people are not aware of it.n n I know don't yell at me its usually posted on brown houses but is there a better way for us to notify ppl other than the one meeting???? Maybe better signage at front gate ??,maybe a weekly event notice as we go,if someone emails it to me I'll get it printed here at work, just need some help to get it to all the sites.n n Yes I have been guilty of not volunteering but my job restraints dictated that.NOT THIS YR,if there is something I can do please someone let me know.n n Last summer us pit ppl were determined to have a clam boil,or should I say ME.I really hope no one got offended but the Labor Day Smile .Since then we have made allot of Friends within the campground,this world is nuts and Blueberry Hill is my sanctuary from all the B.S.n n So I mean it, if there is anything I can do please call me at 1-800-870-7347n n Missing camp big time !!!!!n Counting the days.n n John Pauln n PS Glad to see this board gets used,man I must lead a shelter life lol
John Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

How do you edit here after a post, I meant to say "Labor Day weekend",just signs of my aging brainn n Never mind I obviously figured it out !!! :confused:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: