Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue barrels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Now that John has us all hooked up to running water, we've got to find something clever to do with all of the blue 55-gallon barrels that we all don't need anymore.n n So I was thinking... A raft! A nice big 20' x 20' job covered with canvas and a diving board. We could keep it out in the deep water just off the main beach.n n We're going to have to keep it secret from John, so here's my plan. We paint a mural of the other side of the pond onto each side of the raft. It'll make it invisible.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

im not sure that would work....but, what if we buried them in the ground all around the rec field with the tops cut off and filled them up with ice, they would be a great way to hide beer at the bon fire.....not that anyone would want to drink at the bon fire of course Rolling Eyes or even at the beach!....well maybe thats not the best idea either...oh well
Chip

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Maybe we could screen print a cool camp budweiser logo on them. Anybody got one?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

We need two of them to set the new basketball poles in.
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan:n We need two of them to set the new basketball poles in.
I like Pat's idea better....lol. Good thinking Dan. Were you at a late night fire without me? So who is volunteering their barrel? Only 2 please.
pat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan:n We need two of them to set the new basketball poles in.
Is it so the players will have something soft to bounce off after those over-zealous layups?
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Dan or Chip---I have a blue barrel behind my site that you can have. Help yourselves.n n Pat--if they don't use it for the hoops I'll donate it to the raft.
lounge127

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Instead of putting the basketball poles in the barrels why don't you just use the barrels as basketball hoops. The way I see it the barrels are much shorter than any basketball hoop and the opening at the top is wider than a basketball rim, ( I know some of the shorter people have never really seen a basketball rim close up before, it would be the orange thing attached to the backboard, ( the white thing in the air about 9 and a half feet off the ground ).
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

We could just fill them with beer and ice and leave them around the campground on a regular basis.n n Wouldn't camper's dues cover this?
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

see! i knew it was a good idea!
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue barrels Reply with quote

Camper's fees would have covered this....but we chose to lower them this year!! n n Darn it...I guess Dot was right...we should always plan ahead!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: