Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camp Comedy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Brad, Flo Zigfield was a man, and the producer of the Zigfield Follies.They were great musicals in the late thirties.I know most of you are much to young to even have heard of him, but his works were some of the best ever made.n ...........Jerry........
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Hey Jerry, I know who Flo was. You might be surprised to know I even have some Eddie Cantor recordings and more.
Jerry

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Hi Ray, I guess you and I and only a few more campers at our campgrounds would remember Flo Zigfield. I put Brad in some very good company didn't I? Eddie Cantor, (one of the best). Not to mention Al Jolson. Maybe that's what we should do. A show with all the old time greats. Ray, lets nominate Brad to head up this commitee.n ...........Jerry............
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Jerry, I have Jolson too and Valli and Durantee. Can you see Brad in Black Face? Good grief......
Chip

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

When a bunch of us were teenagers we did a minstrel show as part of the variety show. We did blackface and all. I can't imagine doing that today.
Jerry

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Ray, I remember Al Jolson in black face singing Mammie. I was thinking along the lines of the old minstril shows where only the two end men were blackfaced. The part Brad would be great at would be as Mr. Interlockiter. You know, the old routine when one end man says,"Mr. interlockiter, who was that lady I saw you with last night"? And he answers "That was no lady, that was my wife". I would be an end man if you will.n ..........Jerry.......
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

Jerry, I remember it all too well (The Minstrel shows). Back in the mid to late forties and early fifties my church held Minstral shows regularly as fund raisers. I can visualize the people I knew very well even after all these years. Actually I thought of Brad as two end men. The shows put on at the old church were quite a large production and had quite a few acts. They went with three end men on each side and each would perform a dance or song. They had a matinee and an evening show both on a Saturday. Usually would last about just under two hours. Boy, you sure sturred up old memories. You responded before I got a chance to.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

chip, i remember pictures of that butn yeah, im pretty sure the black face era is over....lol Surprised
Jerry

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

The blackfaced era may well be over, but it would sure would be miles ahead of todays Rap crap....lol.n .............Jerry.........
John Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Camp Comedy! Reply with quote

To the Moon Carol....I love Jackie Gleason..I use to watch it every week,even have a friend named Norton to this day SmileI also love Trixien n Ready for camp........................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: