Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Holidays!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Happy Holidays to all of our friends at Blueberry Hill. Hope Santa is good to you all and that you have a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year! Merry Christmas. n Only 5 months left til camping season.
dlarsen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

thanks deb, same to you, kevin and mariah happy holidays to all, the larsen's.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Haven't stopped by in a while and glad to see a Holiday Post! Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday season!! Merry Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanza, whatever...and Happy 2006 to those I won't be with on New Years!
John Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Happy holidays,Merry Christmas...to all and lets hope its a short winter.... :p
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to everyone and you too JP !!! HA HA HO HO !!!!
Ayn H

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Sure hope everyone had a great xmas, I am curious what people had to eat. Anyone out there that deviated from the regular holiday traditional meal? Anyone try any new recipes? I hope everyones 2005 ends happily and may everyones 2006 be all that you want it to be. (I'm hoping that the summer of 2006 seems like twice as long as it is) WELL Merry Merry and Happy Happy
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Well Ayn, we do cook a slight bit fifferent. No Turkey or Ham. Evelyn and I made French Meat Pies on the Wednesday for the weekend and serve with gravy, cole slaw, Beans and Potato Salad. (I can see Brad drooling). I also make my Mother's recipe for Banana Nut Cake. A very rich desert with lots of Banana, nuts, and Raisins. All made from scratch. No Betty Crocker here. Evelyn made American cheese cake. Now that is an awesome desert. Gotta make that this coming Summer.(None for you Brad). The only thing we don't make is Friendly's Jubille Roll. They only make it at Christmas time and the kids all like it a lot.(still none for you Brad) JP, you can have Brad's. LOL, LOL......Ho,Ho,Ho.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

sounds yummy Ray but I am surprised...I thought if you deviated from "the norm" it would be something Polish with kielbasa or something.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Yes Ayn, you have a strong point there but, not all my visitors are Polish and they expect the Meat Pies and accompanied dishes. I go with the Keilbasa and Pierogi at Easter. Kale soup any time. As a matter of fact, maybe soup next week. I would do it this week but Evelyn and I are going up to Ludlow this weekend for a Polish Polka weekend. Three days two nights. Two bands. Very good bands. Can't wait to go. Packing the cloths already. Wink
Ayn H

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

kale soup sounds good and I have your recipe Ray. Maybe i will try it again. I could live on soup, salad, and rolls. Try to behave yourself this weekend because we don"t make out of state bail runs in the winter. Cassie wants to know if you know how to do the Penguin Polka??
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Hmmm, I know the standard polks step, the Connecticut style, and the style known as the Chicago Push. Can't say I have heard of the Penguin Polka step. I sure would like to see that one. I could have shown it off this weekend in Ludlow at PACC. You tell Cassie to practice up on it because I have plenty of Polka music at camp and she can show me. I have a lot of times coming up soon right into the summer that I could do it. Right now it is cooking time of the year. I am experimenting with easy to make low cal dishes for camp. I have a great breakfast one that I will E-mail to you. A greaseles omlet non fried. Smile
Ayn H

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Hey Ray, where has that recipe been all my life? If it works it will be awesome. Do you know how much of a pet peeve it has been for many years trying to cook for 6 to 8 people in the morning and try to have everyones omlette stay hot so that we could all sit down together and enjoy breakfast? Next time I make omlettes I am going to try it. And the bonus is ..........easy cleanup. Yeah. Thanks once again. n Hey J.P. and Brad, where have you guys been? How was your hloiday???
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

HI Ayn We have been around. We have had bad colds Drs. etc.Hey Ray whats this omlet? You holding out on me? I'll sick your sailboat next year!! HA HA! Have you seen the awsome calender Dave Larson has made from camp pictures?? Happy New Year!! Brad
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Brad Sorry to hear you guys have been ill. Hope you feel better soon and hope you got your flu shot this year..........a lot of people don't get it because they think that they can get sick from the flu shot but that is not true because it is not a live virus. If you are coming down with a cold or something it can exacerbate your symptoms( that is why they don"t reccomend that you get the flu shot if you are sick) but it doesn't make you sick. Yes, I have seen Dave's callendar for 2006, (in fact I am the proud owner of one) he really does awesome work. You should see the painting of the light house in South Portland Maine that he did for me. He is very talented. anyway, JUST CAME ON TO WISH ALL OF MY FELLOW CAMPERS A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR IN 2006 and may all your hopes and dreams come true. Gotta go watch the big ball drop..See ya next year...................Ayn
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holidays! Reply with quote

Happy New Year! Where abouts is the calendar? Is it on the website? Haven't seen it. I am sure it is great. Dave does fabulous work. Let me know. Would love to check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: