Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memories from the cottages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Memories from the cottages Reply with quote

I just got this nice email from one of our neighbors across the pond and thought you all might like to read it. I've added it to the "Tales from the old days" section on the website.n n
n Pat,n n Just wanted to pass along a compliment on your Curlew Pond site. It's a nice tribute to the little pond and the people who have spent their childhoods/retirements and other special times there.n n My family had a cottage on Curlew, across the pond and slightly to the right of the campground. We spent countless nights sitting on the porch, looking out over the water and listening to the strains of music, the gentle swish of canoe paddles and the distant voices of campers.n n Maybe the passing years have made memories of our time on Curlew seem a little sweeter and more rosy than they actually were, but I wouldn't change much. As a kid, I had a chance to experience the outdoors and spend time with my family. Nowadays, I know that's pretty rare.n n <table><tr><td>[img]/images/dhalloran.jpg" alt="Daniel Halloran - Circa 1956" width="250" height="276" border="1[/img]n Daniel Halloran, circa 1956</td></tr></table>n My dad, Daniel W. Halloran, Jr., owned our cottage, together with my mom (Mary Lou) and my aunt and uncle (Mary and Joe Chepetsky). It had been in the family for years and years before that, and it showed. It was a leaning, ramshackle and rustic little place, but it cleaned up nice, and provided us with a welcome shelter after a long summer day of swimming. Dad and Uncle Joe finally got rid of the outhouse and installed a toilet when I was 8 or 9 years old, I think. It was a cause for celebration, believe me.n n We lost dad in April of 2004 to heart failure and other illnesses, but I was able to spend a little time with him before he passed away. During that time, we talked about some of our experiences on Curlew, and he smiled. I mentioned the cottage in his eulogy.n n Again, thanks for taking the time to launch/maintain this site. Here's wishing you many more years of great memory-making.n n Sincerely,n n Mark D. Halloran
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Memories from the cottages Reply with quote

I remember seeing that guy in the picture when we cwere kids!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: