Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

closing camp 2005
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

We are all closed up for the season. See you all next May!!! Great Season!! Lots of fun. Lets start planning for next year. We have to rebuild the tarp area. I would like to see another pig roast or ribs and chicken??? Brad
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

:confused:dude....lets let the ashes from the bon fire cool off before we start planning again!! Wink
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Full House Pumping is going to be coming to camp before the long holiday weekend in October? I left 3 messages at Full House last week with not so much as a phone call back. Is there a back up company that anyone is aware of? Thanks!
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Brad...i agree with Sharon...taking a few months off before we start to plan again!! I need to rest now!!! Smile
Kevky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I think it is great that we enjoy camp so much that even having just shut the door we are ready to reopen it again!!! I haven't been able to wrap my head around the fact that both my kids are in full day school! At this point planning lunch daily is a mind blowing activity. Wink n n As far as the pumping goes, I wonder if Mrs. Monize might have an idea. I am not sure if Winnie Arnold has any other suggestions. Sorry, not much help!
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Let me tell all you campers what I do about my trailer sewerage. I am not where there is sewerage connection so I am pretty much on my own up on the hill. I find it an awful long walk down to the brown house at 3 in the morning. I had some words with the owner of the pumping service because if he had a full truckload before he pumped me out he would not return. The solutin I came up with works fine for me. I bought a tote tank and dump into it every other week. We use the toilet all the time and rarely use the brown house. I put the tote in my pickup truck and stop in at the sewerage treatment plant on the way home and it takes only about 5 minutes to complete the procedure. It has been by far a better solution for us two older people than any other suggestions. Of course you might be limited by the type trnasportation you have. The totes come in various sizes and I made the mistame of buying a 20 gallon size. If I fill it, I have to get help to move it. It does have wheels. I can handle 10 gallons. (And I am 67 years old. Yuk, Yuk)Anyone wants to see what the system looks like, just stop in at Site 8A if you see the Red Ford Pickup. I did mention to John last year about a dumping station but, he does not have anything in place that would be legal at this time. Good luck with your problem and the Pumpout company.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I forgot to mention. I am listed in the new campers list as RFPedro@Comcast.netn n I also forgot to mention that my town does not charge me to dump. Most likely yours won't either.If you go to dump at the Reservation dump station, they were charging $5.00 last year. I don't know if it was any more this year. Good luck.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

Thanks, Ray. I have continued to call and leave messages this week and again no answer or phone call back. I hope the pumper is planning to come another day besides the Saturday of the holiday weekend. n There must be some other company that handles this sort of thing. Maybe, it could be a new enterprise for John! n Is a small truck used for those "Johnny on the spot" portable toilets you see at all sorts of outdoor functions? Or maybe they just cart them back full. Yuck! n Now, all you campers up on the hill in the new section (you know who you are!!!) can stop laughing. It stinks, (no pun intended) when the topic of conversation is such a crappy one. (again, no pun intended)
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

My little secret to making it bearable. Stay up wind. Wear rubber gloves. Have your husband do it. GRUBLEYUK (And I thought being a Gas Man stunk) I'll take Natural Gas any day
sharon s.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

or...... use the brown house Wink
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

No worse than changing a diaper. (Or two)
juddbeth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I was down to my site last night to take down the things that might have been blown away by Ophelia and there was hardly anyone there. It's always a downer to have to close up at the end of the season, but this season was a great one; swimming, campfires, cookouts, the events at the rec center, etc. The best thing was that Beth's brother and family finally made it here to use their site for the first time. Our kids played and got to really know each other.n We look forward to camping so much every year. I want to thank John & Linda for doing all that they do.n Oh yeah, does anyone know about when John will be turning off the water?
Ayn H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I am not sure of when the H2O will be turned off but I know that it is a question that I ask every year so I can squeeze the last possible day out of camp. Definitely before the first frost but who knows when that will be in New England. Smile
Kevky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

The rumor that I heard about the water turn off is after Columbus Day, the brown houses also get locked up at the same time as the water shut off.n Again just a rumor. Smile
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: closing camp 2005 Reply with quote

I think John shuts the water off when it looks like it will freeze or no one goes down. But I suggest asking John when he shuts it off??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: