Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 camping season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

the events are posted on the brown house as you said, and also there is a calendar as you first come in after the hill. what we have always done since i was a kid was to go up to the calendar at the begining tof the year and write all the events down and put them on my own calendar so i wont forget. like you said, maybe bigger signs as you come in but they are usually posted, maybe we should just remind people at the meeting to check that board as they come in for the weekend.
Chip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Hey JP,n Nice to hear from you. For fairly new campers, you and Carol have chipped a great deal and we thank you guys for that. n As Sharon said, we have a main calendar board at the entrance by the dumpsters and we try to notify via the brownhouses as each event comes up. This is up the whoever is running the event. We also have a calendar on the website which hasn't been utilized to it's fullest. I can talk to Pat about getting more events posted there this year. As you mentioned in your post, time has been tough to come by lately, as it is for me and many others. If you want to hook up before the meeting sometime we can discuss some ideas for better communicating the information. I do want to say that I don't want to spend all my free time making sure all are aware of events because they don't want to make a little effort to find out. With your help, I am sure we can come up with something better than we have currently. n About your clamboil, if you feel bad for having a small group party/clamboil don't. Many small groups of friends have their own little parties. To be honest, the campground has almost doubled in size over the past 10-15 years so it is hard to logistically and monetarily have group event that include all, especially meals. Smaller group events are much easier to plan as I am sure you know. n If you have any ideas feel free to bring it up to Sharon, Deb or me anytime. Sometimes the meeting can be a tough place to bring something up. If you have an idea that may cost a good bit of money it may be helpful to have as much info as possible beforehand and even a pre-meeting discussion would make things go smoother. n Thanks for stepping up and offering your services.We can use all the help we can get.n n Sanctuary, so true. I need to go down for a campfire soon.n n Chip
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

I will stop shouting. I am sorry. Sam told me it was shouting also. I always type in caps because i type so slow I didnt want to remember when to capitalize and I can read it better. But I will stop shouting at work seeing the president told me to stop shouting. Well lets have a clam boil, pizza night in July and August you have to socialize under the tarp to eat it, Lets look into getting a big screen and rent a movie that no one has seen???
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

we have a connection down at the camp (tim) who can get the movie stuff( like we had for halloween) and if we had free food people would be more likely to show up.....you people really like clams huh? Very Happy
John Paul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Hey Sharon'n My wife hates clams too,I had looked into Wayne's Seafood in town to do clam boil last summer,but they also do regular cook out stuff all in a package deal.($20.00 or so )I already called today to get specifics again and I'll post info here when I get it,maybe they'll do pizza stuff too lol I'll check on it.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Yeah! Smile I love that people are getting involved early!! n n No seriously, I think that if you want to plan or run an event that requires a campground "vote" for its money costs or its campground appeal...its a lot easier if you have the information ready at the July 4th campers meeting...it will mean few less rounds in the boxing ring!! Very Happy
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

i agree deb!! and the fact that you are already reasearching the cost is awsome!............................much less headaches Very Happy ...so they do pizza to???hhhmmmmm this is sounding better all the time...dinner and a movie..hehe
John Paul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

If they don't do pizza we'll get it somewhere & do both, Smile n Guy said he would fax me all the info within a few days.see ya.n n I want my campfire this work thing stinks ....
Jerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Speaking of things to do,can anybody forget when the number one passtime at camp was the fabulous golf tournaments? Why the parades that we put on were like broadway productions.They involved the whole campground. It seems that the sound of someone hitting a plastic ball has gone the way of the dinosaus. Lets think about bringing that great event back, parades and all. All we need is a real neat person to run it. I did it for 19 years,lets give someone else a chance.n n .................Jerry Tameo..........
jvc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

if i could find some info on a magician or a clown to come in and do a show under the tarp is that somthing we could look into? we have some cash that needs to be spent and it's hard to find something for all the age groups we r trying to take care of. maybe we can give out budgets to areas of the campground (provided there r people who want to do somthing from each "area") if we could get 4 or 5 people to take on a budget of 3-4hundred$ that could make for some good weekends at the campground.any thoughts on this?
sharon s.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

so what you mean is, have a group of people volunteer for a weekend, come up with an idea and run the event for the campground, that would be cool.so if a group of people had one weekend, they could bounce ideas off of each other then decide which one they liked best. they could ok it through chip, deb and i and we would give them the money. this way there would be many different people running the events and many new ideas. this sounds good,if we were to get the volunteers
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Hey Jerry—I tried running the camp golf for a few years but it seemed like every year there was less and less interest. I'd love for more people to play so we could start it up again.
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Anybody want to do some type of pot luck dinner Memorial Day Weekend???
John Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

CLAMS ?????????????, Smile
Mark and Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2005 camping season Reply with quote

Brad,n n Pot Luck Dinner sounds good to me... n n Nancy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: