Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building New Tarp Area
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

I haven't talked to John and Linda yet about the tarp area. Nor have I measured the wood yet.But I am looking for hard working volunteers to rip down the old one.Then build a new one. After I talk to John and Linda depending on when we can get started fall or spring??? Maybe we could tear it down in the fall then build in the spring. Depending on how many people we get we might be able to do it in one or two weekends?? It will have to be co-ordinated. I have to schedule a wood delivery. So let me know by signing up and what 2 weekends in October and May are good for you??? Any Ideas or thoughts are surely welcomed?? Thanks Brad Wills
dlarsen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

hey brad, any weekend is good just let us know and we will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

Dave and Debbie Thanks we are up to 3 people so far 10 or 15 more to go.
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

Hey my forte is flooring but I'll help Smile ,anytime fall or spring its all good....as long as I know in advance....Brad you have my Numbers..
pat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

Pretend you're building a floor in Australia.
mamapugs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

Hi Brad, Mike and I can help any time except Oct 8th...have a christining to go to.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Building New Tarp Area Reply with quote

Brad, Hammer and tool belt in hand. Let me know. I will be down this weekend Oct. 7&8.n Ayn Wink
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy I will have to go see John soon!!
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i'll have call John
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam and I went to camp this morning to measure the tarp structure. Ron helped us measure it. We thought it would be a good idea to do it in pressure treated lumber. I went to Cape Cod lumber and got prices. They didn't have 2x4x20 footers for the top. So I went to Home Depot and they didn't have them either. So we will have to splice 2 10 footers together to make the span. The price is about 12 to 1300 dollars. I'm sure I've over looked a few items. So I think It's safe to say we can do it for 1500 dollars. We will tear it down in one day. Then If there is time we will start it. I am open for any more ideas.We need a lot more help. Hammers,ladders,saws,extension cords,etc. I am open to any Ideas?? I will need a blank check to go order the lumber to be delivered. Waiting for replies?? Thanks Brad
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad: Sorry for the delay...I haven't been online in a while.

Ok I have a few concerns here....A blank check sounds real easy...But...

Most businesses will not take a check from an organization especially if it is signed by someone else...isn't their anyway you can charge it/personal check and I'll have you reimbursed within a few days. Thats the way most all things get done.

Also I have heard that its not a good idea to mail a blank check out!!

When did you plan to build? Has a date been picked?
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie We don,t use cedit cards and I don't have 1500 dollars. How's about I send you a deposit slip for my checking acct. and you deposit 1500 in my acct. Then I'll give you all the receipts and money left at the end. How's that sound? I thought I would get the lumber there so we can get started any good weather weekends. I'm not sure how many would show up. So if I announce I am going down to work maybe different times different people will show up to work. But you never know what weekends will be nice or rainning like today. I'ts pouring and so windy today. I know we will get it done by next May sometime.If I get the wood there we know we have everything there to get started. What do you think?? It's up to everybody?? We are leaving the verticle posts they are fine. We are just doing the roof. With 8 to 12 people we can do it in a day or 2. Getting the lumber ordered will take one night and I want someone there to have them dump it where we want it.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad, dot hebert had said she could use her credit card for the lumber, she lives close to deb so deb could get the money to her quickly too, give dot a call, maybe you could set up a time for her to meet you or something. she told me it wouldnt be a problem
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I'll call Dot some Friday night and go order the wood at Home Depot in Plymouth on a Saturday.
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can order it before Thanksgiving and have it delivered Thanksgiving week. I'm off that whole week. Maybe I'll start it that week. We will see what the weather is like then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: