Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No More Snow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

if you told john he probably has it already cut down.
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

hey brad, we were down there today thursday at 4:00 and the tree was still there, although john had put up a brace to hold the tree. there isn't much he can do till he can get in there with a bucket truck
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

We enjoyed a beautiful day at camp today. Mariah made snow castles on the beach. She will expect them to be there in June and who knows, they just might be. n We waded through downed branches on the drive through, pushing them off to the sides of the roads to make a path, but had no problem whatsoever getting to our site. The heavy rain the other night finished off quite a bit of the snow. n Thought there would be more ice on the pond but most of that was gone too. Lower Beach is still snow covered. Mariah had a blast. n Can't wait for spring to hang around for a while. That means summer can't be too far behind.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hey Deb, did the pond look any higher than usual?
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Deb, I forgot to ask. Were you able to drive in? I thought I picked that up in you message.n n Ray P.
dlarsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

ray, the pond wasn't too bad yet still plenty of beach left. yes, we drove to the bottom of your site
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Sheese. If not for some health isuues, I'd go and spend the weekend......
Ayn H

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hey Brad....check this out.....I"m not even starting a new topic. My thoughts on the yard sale thing is maybe this year we should have a contest on the best bargain of the summer and we can have different levels of yardsalers or yardsailors (if water is aplenty:) Smile . I will take as many blenders as you can find because all those visitors to my site keep burning the motors out.........We might also want to get together and have an arc building party so that we can get down to camp this spring.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Ray,n We had no problem getting in. We moved downed branches out of the way as we went along. Couple areas had a little snow, but the van went through them just fine. n I didn't think the water was very high at all on the pond considering the amount of snow and rain. Plenty of room for Mariah to make her snow castles. Some of the stored boats were partly in the water.n Those that went down and got the snow off their roofs this winter still have accumulated snow around their structures. The road in the circle near my sister's site is also not passable as of Thursday. You can go in by JP's site, but you have to come out that way as well.n Cannot drive down to the beach. There is a ridge of snow blocking that area.n You should have no problem driving in to your site.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Deb. As for the height of the pond, Armand Pariseu has told stories about how the level is reached. He talks about how the old timers told him the water comes from the meltdown from all the snow in upstate New York and the surrounding area. He claims it comes down through the aquaduct underground. No snow, no water. The last year we had the water up to the trailers on the upper beach, New York had record snowfalls. I can't prove the theory but the events are aweful coincidental.The year we had the pond receed very low, New York, had little snow. You be the judge. I'm all for a happy medium of good boating and swimming levels. I was surprised when I went in last week, that there was not more damage because of the severe windstorm before the snow followed by the big snow storm and then several more significant snowfalls. I would have loved to see it at it's peak accumulation. It must have looked awesome. Hope to see all you guys soon.
Armand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hi all. This is Armand Pariseau. I'm looking forward to seeing all you people at the beach. Can't wait. Packing my bags already.n n Armand
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Deb, can you put all the branches back where they were so we can take pictures. Just kidding.
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

JP, you asked for some wood, have fun splitting it. It is all piled up in front of your lot.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Ron, C'mon, you seriously would put an axe in JP's hands. He doesn't even handle wood when someone else cuts it. I'd trust the axe more in his son Nick's hands. Hmmmm, Then again, maybe not.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Okay.I am not as crazy as I think I am.It is snowing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: