Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No More Snow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlarsen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

hi ray we also went in saturday and saw lots of tree damage in the area around the parking lot also there is a big pine out of the ground between jp's site and barbara's. thankfully it is being held up by the tree next to it otherwise it would go through jen and mikes trailer. we'll go down next weekend and check on it but we did tell john and ron who were going to check it out when we left. see you soon.
pat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray & Evelyn Pedro:n On the way to camp I saw little snow on the ground and was surprised at the amounts still there including that damn plowed mound at the gate. I could have driven my 4 wheeler in to my site.
Can "normal" cars drive in yet?n n There is supposed to be a heavy drenching rain on Saturday, and it'll be in the 50's, so maybe this'll take out the rest of the snow.
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Last Sat. the road was mostly cleard up to the middle brown house. With this last rain that should be fine. I would not try to get past that with a car until after Sataturday's rain.
Chip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

You can get in but you won't get past Sweeneys without a big truck. Hopefully the rain will help. I got stuck by Leos before Ron plowed the road. I was driving a 4x4 Tacoma. Still 8-10 inches in spots. Stupid me was hoping to get in a boat ride.
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Looks like everybody should just relax for a couple of weeks!!! lol
dlarsen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

chip, don't worry, this summer there will be plenty of water for a boat ride!!!! it's will be the only way to get around. see you in the kayak in the middle of the pond
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Dave do you mean from campsite to campsite?? lol
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hey guys. I was just thinking about the pond level a few years ago when the sites along the the Rec are were an island. The odd thing was, the water didn't go down all summer. Even when the bogs irrigated. It was great for sailboating but not for sun bathers. That was before John expanded the small beach. I don't mean to tease anybody about making a camp fire but, when I was there last Saturday, it was perfect for one. The only thing that stopped me was Mama wanted to get back home. She won of course.Temp in the shade at 11:A.M Saturday was 40 at my site and dead calm. Not a breeze. As for the height of the pond, it didn't look that high yet. A little more patience and we'll be there soon. Now I know why Brad, has the big fridge and freezer. It serves two functions. Holds food in summer and holds up the roof in winter.Ha...... Smile
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Dave, those trees that are large and leaning with nothing to hold them up but the top are the dangerous ones. One good gust from the wrong direction and some serious damage or injury can occur. I hope people go into the campground with a sense of caution. Keep your eyes open for hazards and stay away from them until John has a chance to clear them away. Things can go wrong quick without warning. We want to see everyone back and in good health soon. Smile
MIKE AND JEN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

SAVE MY CAMPSITE :confused:
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

chip, went down to curlew today, you can get to the water now for that boat ride. just remember the titanic and watch out for those icebergs. good luck!!!!!!
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hey Mike,Jen I saw the tree back in Jan,it was leanning up aganist another one,looked pretty solid though,hopefully john can get it cut,maybee even leave us some wood lol...n n We are almost there kids........... Wink
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

Hey dave where did your post come fromm lol :confused:
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

jp what do you mean? that tree is right out of the ground by the roots
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: No More Snow Reply with quote

sorry what did you think that post came from the north atlantic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: