Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North River Paddling Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

<div>North River Paddling Trip</div>n n Date: July 10n Place: North River, Hanover-Marshfieldn Time: TBD n n This river is a slow moving tidal river. No whitewater at all. We will be going with the tide so it should be low impact. The trip will be about 8 miles and should take 4-6 hours maybe more for put in and take out. There are a couple of nice places to stop along the way for breaks and lunch. I will have a photo copy of the river map for everyone. We will stop and start as a group. A checklist of items you should think about bringing along will be provided soon. n n [img]http://www.curlewpond.com/kayaking/images/06.jpg" border="1[/img]n n We request that all participants carry a PFD (Life Jacket) on their boat or body and anyone under 18 must wear one. Coast guard rules. The Harbormaster does meander up the river on occasion. n n If you are interested in joining us or have any questions please contact Chip Hebert at Site 35 or Pat Traynor at Site 8. There will be more details as we get closer.
Joe Abner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

I'm in. I'll just have to dust off the old war canoe...
pat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Here is a preview of the trip.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

I'd like to do it also, but I'll have to check with you more towards the date of the trip to know definitively.n n Hey Joe. I've got a sign in mind. <grin>
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

For a few logistical items, a head count would help out a great deal. We need to start getting counts on who will be paddling. It looks like we will be leaving camp at 7:00 am on Saturday July 10th and heading to Hanover to put in boats. We then drive the cars to our take out spot and leave the cars. We will then shuttle the people back to the put in taking as few cars as possible. We expect to arrive at the take out around 3:00pm.n Can you let Pat or myself know ASAP if you:n A: are planning to participaten B: have transportation for your boatn C: can take other people or boats in/on your vehicle
pat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Benny's has Coast Guard Approved ski vests. I don't know why they're called ski vests. (Water skiing?) The price says $12.99 up.
pat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Our projected route:n n  - n n  - n n I think that the water is so white here because the sun reflected back at the satellite during the photographing.n  -
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

You didn't show where Joe Abner falls out going for his Coors Light.
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Here is a checklist to help you get ready. I will hand this out this weekend.n n •PFD (Life Jacket) n •Bring plenty of fluids. It will be a long day.n •Sunscreenn •Bug Sprayn •Hat and Sunglassesn •Snacks/Lunchn •Map of River will be providedn •Camera (Zip lock bag will help keep it dry)n •Safe place for keys or even a spare left with vehicles or another boatern •Change of clothes in a dry bag if cooln •Adequate footwear. It may be muddy or rocky at put in or take out.n •Spare paddle if you have onen •Two-way radio for communication
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

If you are planning on attending, it would be helpful for us to know so we can plan transportation and logistics.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Hey Pat—n n Those photos get developed yet?
pat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: North River Paddling Trip Reply with quote

Yes - they're here:n n http://www.pbase.com/enchant/kayaking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: