Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner Reply with quote

Deb I am interested in doing another pot luck seeing how I botched the last one. I don't know why but I assumed the Pot Luck Dinner was going to be around dinner time 5pm or 6pm. I had projects going on during the day like putting on a new tarp due to the damage I had from that tree that used to live in back of my site and trying to repair my structure so it doesn't cave in on us (evidently it's not as safe and sound as I thought it was) and unfortunately The Larsens were helping me and they missed out too. Next time I will be sure to ask around about what time it will be. That was sure a lot of chili to eat.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner Reply with quote

Ayn,n That's great. Let's start throwing some ideas around. Do we have to wait til the July 4th camper's meeting (which I won't be at anyway) to come up with dates. Even doing a potluck in late July and one in late August (before most of the children go back to school) would be good. n My family has belonged to a Campground Resort thing that is all over the US and even in Canada. They do potlucks almost every Saturday night. They are very unofficial. If 5 pots of chili show up, then it is a chili cook off. Same thing for 5 pots of beans. Everybody compares recipes and learns from it. It is really kind of fun. They sometimes put a sign up sheet up to differentiate between main dishes, desserts, salads, etc. Nothing formal. Whatever is in the cupboard. It is amazing how creative people can be. Everybody brings their own plates, utensils, etc. If you arrive at camp and were unaware of it or have nothing to bring, you come anyway. n The potluck on Memorial Day really did turn out nice. It definitely was fun to meet some of the new people and get to see some of our friends we hadn't seen since the fall. n After the winter most of us experienced this past year, it was great to celebrate the beginning of a new camping season!!!
kerry dunfey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner Reply with quote

Hi all, i thought the pot luck was great...i would love to get some of the recipes. Especially for the homemad chili, and the dish with the fruit/peas///maybe next time we should bring recipe cards, and little signs stating what was made...kerry
brad wills

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner Reply with quote

Kerry I think the peas and fruit was made by Betty Saunder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: