Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody been to camp since snow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Ayn, you are so right about the campers coming from the Reservation to here. My family and I camped next door to the late Mr. Marotte and family who at one time had the contract to sell ice and goods off his oil truck in the reservation. This was in 1954. He owned and operated a Oil heating buisiness called Eagle Oil Co. I remember a lot about that kind of stuff. He took the contract from Roby's Ice and oil when Roby's son went in the service during the Korean war leaveing Roby without a delivery man.. Wink
Kevky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Ray, I am Serri Marote's granddaughter. I currently have his campsite. Therefore his daughter is Diane Fennessy, since she is my Mom.n Serri used to organize soft ball games with the prisoners. I still have a drawing of Micky Mouse that one of them did for me when i was a baby. He also would cook carn di shpit ( I spelled that how it sounds because obviously I have no idea) in his fireplace at camp. i didn't realize that you knew him.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Karen, we will have to sit and talk some time. I remember so much more about the times we had. We had some of the most enjoyable vollyball games up in the old section of Barrets pond that is now closed. Of course those were the days of tents, coleman stoves and lanters. There were 3 sites next to the pumphouse. We were the closest to the house and Seri was on the other side with Trip in the middle. Small world, isn't it? Smile
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray & Evelyn Pedro:n Karen, we will have to sit and talk some time. I remember so much more about the times we had. We had some of the most enjoyable vollyball games up in the old section of Barrets pond that is now closed. Of course those were the days of tents, coleman stoves and lanters. There were 3 sites next to the pumphouse. We were the closest to the house and Seri was on the other side with Trip in the middle. [b]Small world, isn't it? Smile [/b]
"Small world, isn't it?"n n But I'd sure hate to paint it...
Ayn H

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Hey Chip, thanks for those stories. I find them fascinating and enjoy hearing the history. If any folks have any stories about two of my most favorite people, George and Emily, I would love to hear them. I only knew them a short time but I really miss both of them lots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: