Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody been to camp since snow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharon s.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

ok your right Very Happy
pat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Arnold:n As far as the Poker Night goes most of the ladies who would play are sitting at the campsites due to the children factor, so a separate night is in order that way the sitting with children can then be done by the "Daddies"
We'd love to have you join us, but if that isn't possible and you want to put together your own night, I've got all the cards and the chips.
Kevky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by pat:n
Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Arnold:n [b]As far as the Poker Night goes most of the ladies who would play are sitting at the campsites due to the children factor, so a separate night is in order that way the sitting with children can then be done by the "Daddies"
We'd love to have you join us, but if that isn't possible and you want to put together your own night, I've got all the cards and the chips.[/b]
That sounds good to me. Thanks. I am now wondering what the true interest will be now the game has been talked about out loud. WE shall see!!!
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Arnold:n This BBH sitcom...humm Glenn could be played by Tom Brady, yeah I know heis not an actor,however Glenn spends plenty of time in Fantasy Football Land, I could just play myself and be very happy!! n n As far as the Poker Night goes most of the ladies who would play are sitting at the campsites due to the children factor, so a separate night is in order that way the sitting with children can then be done by the "Daddies"
You mean to tell me that you can't find a babysitter at camp. Very Happy
Kevky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Chip:n
Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Arnold:n [b]This BBH sitcom...humm Glenn could be played by Tom Brady, yeah I know heis not an actor,however Glenn spends plenty of time in Fantasy Football Land, I could just play myself and be very happy!! n n As far as the Poker Night goes most of the ladies who would play are sitting at the campsites due to the children factor, so a separate night is in order that way the sitting with children can then be done by the "Daddies"
You mean to tell me that you can't find a babysitter at camp. Very Happy [/b]
What about everyone else, I could always offer my array of babysitters out for a fee. Wink
sharon s.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

i wanna hear more about this bunco thing, ive heard it mentioned before but i dont know what it is. i know texas chick (maryanne) played it before.......n n by the way karen and deb j. your daughters will be getting some mail from my daughters soon........just so you know be on the lookout :p
Kevky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Hey Sharon,n Bunco is a dice game. You sit in groups of four, with each group having 3 die. You roll for 2's,3's, etc until 6. You try to roll as fast as you can to get the most points. I am not great at explaining it with words, i am better at showing it. Sorryn Kylie loves to get mail!! Smile
brad wills

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Boy this is going to be fun!! The woman at one end of the campground and the men at the other end!! HA HA
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Thanks, Sharon. We will watch for the mail.n Deb
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Hey Ray...........you are an old state side camper???????? I guess I didn't realize that. Evidently quite a few of us have migrated to Blueberry Hill. I have loved Curlew Pond since the day I set eyes on it. Home away from home. I guess we are all very lucky.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Yes , Ayn. I guess you could say both are correct. Old timer (almost 68)and quite a few years spent in the forest. As a kid I hated to leave Fearings pond because all my friends were there. It was the first year Barrets opened and my Mother liked it. I hated Barrets and still do. Must be a carried over feeling. I liked College pond because I had a girlfriend over there. Got my drivers licence in 1955 so you know where I spent most of my off time. Met my wife in 1957 so that changed that. Got married in 1960. I saved a lot on gas after that. My first real exposure to Curlew was when I took a ride over to see Armand one day around 1975 or so, and I got a real good look. I was camping at Shady Acres at the time. Remember I was working at the same place as Armand. The way I came to Curlew was a purely by chance meet with Armand. We were at a company dinner function and I was scheduled to retire in 35 days. He asked if I ever had the urge to camp again. I told him maybe if I could get into a place like he was in. I never heard anything until the first couple of days in June of 1994. He told me of John and Linda buying the Campground and there might be a spot open. I had a truck camper that I used on weekends. I came down to see the site and when I saw it, I loved it. I couldn't get up the hill to make a down payment quick enough. I remember the day very well. I gave Linda 3 crisp 100 dollar bills and the rest is history. Sorry I took up so much space but, I thought it was interesting how we got to come here. I have never regreted a day of establishing my campsite.....or helping Armand. Wink
dlarsen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

hey guys we just got back from camp spent last night down there i saw the stories about getting started at curlew my family started in 1960 and never went anywhere else and we haven't left yet. most people knew we were there because of my fathers canoe it was painted with sharks teeth a green line and the polish flag on it.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Ray, I didn't mean 'old' as in years of age. But thank you for your history. I think it is interesting to know about the families we spend 5 or 6 months with out of the year and how they came to be where they are. If I am not mistaken I think some of the original campers started out on state side. There is just something about the pond and the grounds that grabs on to you sand doesn't let go and of course the benefit of being a kid and being raised down there. Now those have to be real special memories. Especially the teen years.
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Ayn, it will make a great topic around the campfire some night. How we came to this point in time at Blueberry Hill...
Chip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Here are a couple of stories of how things got started. n http://www.curlewpond.org/stories.htmln n I remember that canoe with the shark teeth. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: