Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camp breakins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fingerprints maybe Question Question
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were trying leave the place with no red flags making it easier to return. That is the only reason I can think of for snapping off the 4x4 to get in instead of cutting the lock off of the gate.
Ayn H

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Hello Campers Reply with quote

I went down to BBH this afternoon and there are not many boats/canoes/ kyaks on the boat racks at the lower beach left. I think I counted 3 on the ground. I lost a new, two person, blue Mainstream Kyak and I am really
(!%#@&#$@*) doubled. I checked structures in the lower beach area and down in the pit. Brad your door was unlocked but with a tarp in front and a large cinder block. Mr. Pariseau's door was unlocked. and 2 windows on the back of Mr. Bob's structure had been pulled down and kind of hanging.
The gate was locked so I walked down from the entrance. It was cold, windy and very eerie so I didn't stay long.
I did go down to the Plymouth Police Station and told them the story and tried to give them info on my kyak (just in case in turns up somewhere)
Their instructions were:
1. Get in touch with the campers that lost boats. Get eveyone to do an inventory and description of their boats that were stolen.
2. Have all campers whose structures/ trailers were broken into do an inventory and description of whatever may be missing.
3. Then have these campers that had things stolen along with John and Linda gather at the campground and call the police down to take info, file a report and do an investigation. They suggested doing this asap and calling them Saturday or Sunday. They want all missing items reported
together and not one at a time.
So this is a start to try and brainstorm on how to do get this thing up and running.
Maybe if all that know they are missing a boat can document it on this site we can get an idea of what kind of numbers we are reporting. If we can agree on coming down either Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon and try to coordinate that with John and Linda. Then we can get the Police down and file a report. If people are missing things but can't get down they could give their info to someone they know that is coming down so it can get reported and recorded.
I am up for suggestions. I just don't want to sit back and do nothing.
The police said they may be sitting on them for now and once the weather starts getting a little warmer they may start selling them pre season for good prices just to get them unloaded. Or, they may already be gone. I don't want to give up yet so lets start talking. I am hoping this will activate a lot of ideas, conversation, and planning. Let's not let idiots invade our heaven.
Ayn
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they try and yard sale anything in plymouth all summer Barbra and I will find them. Ayn I always leave the front door unlocked. I dont want them cutting to get in. The only thing I really value is my flat grill!!!!!!!HA HA HA!! Did you like that Ray???LOL I'm going to figure out how to mount the loudest horn at the door so when you open the door it will be so loud you will_____ your pants!!!! HA HA!!
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got too complacent about what I keep down there. Won't make that mistake again.
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there's a way to alert local canoe/kayak shops. Or even other shops throughout New England.
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
I wonder if there's a way to alert local canoe/kayak shops. Or even other shops throughout New England.

I can do that if I get a list of what's been taken. I can also post it on paddling message boards in the area.
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
I got too complacent about what I keep down there. Won't make that mistake again.

Is your canoe gone?
Ayn H

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know many shops in the area but I do know that Billington Sea has a shop and they sell new and used. That is one that could be contacted. Chip if you are willing to contact shops once we know who lost what I would be willing to help with phone calling. I am not sure who on the lower beach took what home after the season. Some one at work told me there were some used canoes and kyaks on Craigs List and E Bay but with my limited computer skills it would probably take a day for me to figure out how to get on there. I will try to scout it out this weekend if I have time. Meanwhile I think it is important for us to make lists and report what is missing........just in case something turns up. I know, I am probably being too optimistic but so wasn't the two people that just won the mega millions. Smile Wink
dlarsen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i just read ayn's post and when dave and i went down on monday and checked the lower beach bob prince's site was untouched so if you checked your site earlier in the week it might be wise to recheck on the weekend. we are.
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went down this morning and our canoe wasn't stolen and nothing seems to be missing from my site. It did seem like someone went through my cabinets though. I had the boys with me so I didn't get a chance to take a close look around much else.
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Sunday and I should be down to camp at 12 or 1 PM today if anybody is going down today. Brad
Ayn H

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down to camp yesterday. The larsen's and I looked around on the lower beach and some of the sites up above on the Jacobsens road. We did find the door to Fran Richmond"s trailer opened. I tried to call him but his number has been changed. If anyone knows his new number please give him a call to let him know. Also if anyone is missing boats would you please let John and Linda know so that a police report can be filed asap. SOme of us that have had losses can't submit our info until an inventory is done. I have a feeling that who ever it was will be back. I hope I am wrong.
Ayn
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a kayak for sale on craigs list south shore 3/11 call 617-671-8590
Chip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been checking craigslist recently. It doesn't look like any of our boats are there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: