Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camp breakins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Camp breakins Reply with quote

Sometime over the past week at least a dozen sites were entered. At least 3 sites had locks cut off. The good news is that there does not seem to be any damage done to the trailers or sites. All of my drawers and doors were opened, but nothing of mine was taken. That seemed to be the condition in all of the sites we checked.
dlarsen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad hi everyone just wanted to let campers know if you had a kayak or canoe on the lower beach in the first rack or the third rack and you left it as we did for the winter it has been stolen. 3 canoes are left on the middle rack and i think all the boats left on the shore behind the racks are ok, but you should check anyway, thanks debbie
Chip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want to post what boats have been stolen, I can put the word out in the local paddling community and shops to be on the lookout. Check out Ebay and Craigslist as well.
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Was it kids do you think?? Was mine entered? I'll go down Saturday. Maybe the association can buy a motion camera to mount secretly to take pictures so at least we will have pictures?? Just a thought might not be a good idea. I saw a canoe on craigs list it was yellow.
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No telling how old. They were at least old enough to drive since a post was snapped off near the entrance to get in, probably with a pickup.
Chip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot and I are going down on Saturday to check out our place. It doesn't look like they entered our place according to John. But given that I am at the entrance, I want to check it out.

Last edited by Chip on Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sharon s.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was entered, my brothers, debs, my parents, the picuittos, i dont know yet if anything is missing, debs parents went down and looked to see. im going sat i think
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Yup...ours was entered...
When my parents pulled into our driveway things seemed like they were fine with the tarp hanging back over the door and a rope through it...but the rope was just loosly hooked and the screen door was open behind the tarp. Inside all of my cabinets/drawers/anything that had a hinge was open and looked in. It seemed that nothing was missing to my parents eyes...just looked through.

They said it almost looked like "punks" went up to each site and looked in...if they couldn't see inside then they sliced through the screen to look into sites and if you had cabinets that maybe would hold things then they went in....Who knows what they were looking for.
Its just a bummer for everyone! Sad People are such jerks! Mad

Last edited by DebLeahy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
lindapicard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, Do you know John notified those people whose sites he thought were entered? I know sometimes you guys are down there and if you see something wrong you would call us. Just wondering, but will be going down Saturday to check things out. Thanks
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not check all sites, and did not notify everyone since no damage seemed at the time to have been done. At your site, the front door was down on the ground, but the inside door seemed to be locked from the inside. We replaced the door and looked at the side, but that seemed to be ok.
lindapicard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron. I figured if something really bad happened, we would have heard from someone. I was planning a visit anyway this weekend as we are looking to clean up the place and hopefully get more use out of it this summer. Well it sounds like there will be quite a few people there on Saturday and the tempature is suppose going to be on the rise! Very Happy
pat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I stopped putting a lock on my campsite. If people want to get in, they're going to either walk into an unlocked campsite or break my door. Either way, they'll find nothing worth anything.
dlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at our site which has the screen room on the outside and they could see in they still cut off our lock and tried to open the trailer.it looked like they tried to get into the storage hatches outside the trailer also they took all of the locks with them. ray pedros site was broken into also. guess it will be a busy place saturday
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just good to hear that it looks like no major damage was done to any of the sites...but it still just stinks for everyone to be worrying!! I can't make it down on Saturday but it looks like it will be a crowded campground!! All of you super detectives take lots of notes and we'll see if we can find the culprit. Gee maybe that should be a game we try this summer?! Find the campsite breakin bandit!!!
sharon s.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! find the punks!!!
how weird! they took all the locks! they took our lock too! Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: