Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building New Tarp Area
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with John last night. We can repeat the roof the same way it is.I was told to go and see if National lumber has 20 foot pressure treated 2x4's. If they do I'll order the wood from them and I'll ask if I can ride down with the truck driver. Then the wood will be there and where we want it. Debbie I will get a total and call you and you can send them a check how's that?? Brad
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came home from National Lumber after odering the pressure treated lumber. It came to $1,382.42 and free delivery. It will be delivered 11/20/06. I will be there to show him where to drop it. I am going down by 9 or 10 am. I will start dismanting the top then. If anybody can make it please call me. I know its a monday but I am off that week. They don't have Saturday delivery. I called Debbie she's going to mail a check to National Lumber. My phone is 508-339-4716 or cell 508-488-8508. thanks brad
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope to have the wood delivered today. Yesterday Dave,Debbie, Eric,Larson,Ron Wiik, John McCarthy, and myself took the roof and all the wood off and cut it up and put it in the bonfire wood pile in the parking lot.Now as soon as we have a nice Saturday if we get help we can start the roof. Dave if you have the nailer gun we can get nailer nails and return these 12 penny nails?? Do we need anything else Dave?? Thanks Brad Wills
Willy K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i might not be good for actually building the structure, but i'm great for hauling stuff around. I wouldn't mind helping, it all depends on when you decide to start it. i'll keep my eye on this forum, to see when a weekend is set. and i will see if i can come help at all.
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Willy. If it's not rainning I am going down with a carpenter friend of mine. I was telling him tonight that we had our lumber delivered today at 3:30PM. He volunteered to help me Saturday. Dave Larson had suggested using a nailling gun so my friend said he uses one so he's going to bring it. He said he even thinks he has enough nails and he said he would buy the nails we bought. So pray for no rain!! Any other help would be appreciated. Even cleaning up or handing lumber to moving ladders etc. I hope to get it done on Saturday. Debbie thank you so much. I went up there today and they had the check. I knew someone had it. They said they are mailing it back to you. I met the lumber delivery guy at Stop and Shop and he followed me in. His GPS took him right to the entrance of BBH. He used that rubber tired fork lift and had the wood off in 5 minutes. I covered the wood and went home by 4PM. See you Saturday if no rain!! Brad Wills
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,
What time are you planning to start on Saturday? I may be available for a few hours in the morning.
Willy K

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if Ill be able to make it this saturday. =[
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pobably about 9 or 10AM ?? Probably work 1 or 2 PM?? Depends on the weather and our progress! Brad
pat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos from Ron:

brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the tarp area is 95 percent done. We have some more bracing to be done. We need to put the lights back up. I need to get a few more metal pieces for bracing and get some romex staples to put the lights back up. We worked from 9:30 AM till almost dark. Ron,John,Sam,Mike a carpenter friend of mine,and myself worked all day. It looks good. We will go down for a couple more hours and finish it on a nice day. We need to paint the tops and seats on all the picnic tables in the spring. We need help picking the tarp up off the ground and putting it back up before the snow fall. I am glad its almost done before the real winter comes. It was a nice day down there I felt like having a camp fire and stay over night, but we didn't. Brad
Chip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys. Thanks for getting that done.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Great Job! Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wow!!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

It looks and sounds like you all worked really hard!

Thanks a bunch!!
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the building of the tarp.

Ayn H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad, My computer has been up and down and I have come close to seeing how well it can fly. I'm sorry I missed helping. I have some free time this coming weekend is there anything left to do that I can help with?
brad wills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayn Thanks for asking. When we have a nice day I need to get 5 or 6 people to go down and help pick up the tarp and put it back up on the new top. Then we have to put the lights back up and do a little more bracing. In the spring the place should be raked and swept off and the trees trimmed a little around the tarp. We also need to paint the tops and seats of all the tables for next season. Thanks Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: