Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody been to camp since snow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

jp where have you been???
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

We went down to camp last Sunday. Sure gets you in the mood for Summer. It was very peaceful. Lots of little branches down, but nothing major from what we saw. Hope all the underwater boats are going to be okay. Sure are a lot of them. Hope the beach ends up being more than the 2 x 2 area it is now. It will be stadium seating only the way it looks. Mr. Bob might get some extra company. He can rent out beach space. Just kidding. Smile
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Boy I'm miss Ray!!! Why does it seem like such a long winter?? No laying on the beach this year. No beach. We will just have to swim!! We need a RAFT!!! WOOPS!!! Did I say RAFT???????? What a good idea??????
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

A RAFT??? Are you kidding? I brought up a Swing set at the last Camper's meeting and my ears are still ringing. Surprised
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Hey all! I made a trip down to camp on Sunday!! Things looked great!! The pond is really high...but it'll go down...I think we will get some beach back before ya know it!! We had a very dry March and if that keeps up the ponds will go down fast!! So don't fret...we'll just have to make a nice beach in the middle of the rec until it goes down...but its still only the end of March. I don't know about you all but I don't start laying on the beach until mid June and thats if the weather holds!! So no need to beg for swings and rafts that really won't do much for helping besides bring over the state side campers to play! Wink
sharon s.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

if someone brings up a raft at the meeting, im bringing my book to read while you guys all fight it out :p
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

I have a question?? Why is it camp is so peaceful,relaxing,fun,warm,happy,enjoyable,friendly,serene,etc. etc. But when an idea comes up we can't have a civilized discussion about it?? With out people getting mad, upset and on and on?? I have always said I will always go to camp as long as I'm having fun, when I don't have fun I'll pick up and leave. So far it's a ball!!! I hear people come up with ideas all summer long, but they don't mention them at the campers meeting. Thats the place things get approved and a budget. We just need workers to do different things. That makes it fun. I like the pig roast or steak and chicken he will do anything you want. I like the pizza night too. I like all the stuff we do at camp. Some I participate in and some not. Thats ok too. I hope everybody comes up with different ideas. that gets different people involved. So everybody takes a turn helping make Blueberry Hill FUN!!!
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

If someone has an idea and doesn't want to bring it up at the meeting, they can have someone pitch it for them at the meeting or they can let me know ahead of time and I will bring it up. n Unfortunately, many ideas won't be implemented without the people to do the work. It would be helpful if the idea included who will manage it and how much it will cost, if anything. Many things are free like poker night, paddle trip, horseshoes, etc.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

whatever, im still bringing a book Wink
Kevky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

I remember when we had a raft, so do my parents. I also remember my Mom telling me stories of Friday or maybe it was Saturday night dances, everyone would be there. No campers stayed in and the campground was all together. (It was also a bit smaller then and no one had electricity except for the Rec) There are many great things that we can do at camp, however it takes more than the idea people, it takes a committee or at least 2 people willing to put the idea into motion. All ideas, in my experience, are listened to, just not all agreed to. Sorry Ray, I was one of the people making your ears ring. I am curious how many ladies would also like a poker night or a scrapbook night? I learned a new game this year called BUNCO, I am sure that people have heard of it, it is great fun and you can win money. It is mostly a girl game!!! Anyhow just some random thoughts. The weather is awesome!!! I think it is time to go play!!!
sharon s.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

well the fights at the meeting also make it so exciting! what would a camp meeting be with out one good ;one! its been that way since i can remember....hey karen scrapbook night??? im in!
sharon s.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

by the way.... speaking of ideas, we had been talking about sending out another mailing but this time just a post card with the memorial day pot luck , tarp info and meeting info. we thought we would send out an email address ( to be announced) so people could give ideas before the meeting. this way we may get some more. last year we only got a handfull of the mail back cards. and with the email people could give ideas without the world knowing who it was Wink , just to let ya'll known n this wont stop fighting at the meeting though, becasue when you throw together many strong people with many strong ideas, its gonna happen........... thank goodness hehe! cause i love it Wink n n (somebody should seriously write a sitcom about bbh, i wanna be played by jennifer aniston,((a perfect likeness dont you think?? Rolling Eyes )) )
Ray Pedro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

No offence taken. I want to be played by Kermit the Frog because we sound alike. As for change, I started camping on Fearings Pond with my family in the Summer of "41" just before WW2. Boy, am I dateing myself. Smile If I haven't learned anything, I have learned that change is inevitable. As a kid you cherish coming back each year to see the friends you left last year only to find some may have not returned. Maybe a senior camper has passed on and new people have taken their place. We have watched as the gampground has grown quite a lot and that means many new faces that bring new ideas. New because these new people have no clue as to what went on back in the begining. How many Summer romances have come from Blueberry Hill. Not to mention a couple that met here and eventually became the owners. I myself have no intention of trying to make major changes. I might have fallen off the swing anyway. I'm getting too old and fragile for such things. Change will come from the newer younger generation who will put in the time. I did it where I came from and it is the same everywhere. Enough said. I hope it just works out to please all or most of you. Smile
pat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen Arnold:n I am curious how many ladies would also like a poker night or a scrapbook night?
There already is a poker night! Nobody goes. If women would like to have their own private game and not play with the men, there's plenty of spare tables, cards and poker chips.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody been to camp since snow Reply with quote

pedro! kermit the frog?? no no set your goals higher!!! how bout paul newman? Very Happy he is the only guy i can come up with but im sure there is someone better than kermit!n n ......p.s. some change is good, but too much change just sucks :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: