Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Sad News from BBH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

I saddens me to say that Martha McCarthy passed away yesterday.n Martha and her family were one of the original campers when BBH opened in 1959. She will be missed. It was her favorite place on earth.n n The wake will be Thursday 4-8pm at the McDonald Funeral Home on Rte 18 inn Weymouth. It is near South Shore Hospital. n n Funeral will be Friday morning at 11:00AM at the McDonald Funeral Home on Rte 18 in Weymouth.
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

This is very sad news. Martha was a gem. She had that special way of making you feel welcome and comfortable. She always put me at ease. I always enjoyed our conversations. I am sad for her and your family and I will miss her.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

We were saddened to hear of Martha's passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with Martha and the entire McCarthy family. If there is anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to call.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

The Campers Association has sent an arrangement to the Funeral Home.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

camp will not be the same without her, so sorry for your entire family
Chip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

I updated the original post to include the Funeral time and place.
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Ann

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

Maybe one of the Wiiks can answer this question. Kenny Carlson read about Martha in the newspaper. (Kenny was the oldest of Gene and Ronnie's kids). I still camp with him and his family in NH - not bad seeing that it has been over 45 years of camping together. Anyways, did she camp on the field along the water? If so, I have an old slide of her husband shaving with a battery operated shaver. It was a new invention in the early '60s and my father must have been amazed. Thanks.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

No Ann, they camped on the dead end, off to the left of the beach.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: More Sad News from BBH Reply with quote

Imagine, a cordless shaver! What will they think of next. It sure is amazing how far technology has come. Can you imagine what they would have thought about cell phones. Oh, life used to be so simple and uncomplicated. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: