Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day Weekend 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hey JP Good job!! I quit drinking and smoking 25 years ago. Now I need to loose 100 pounds. But what will we do JP if we quit eating?? Forget it thats a bad idea!!!! HA HA HA We can quit eating when we are 6 feet under.............
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hooray! Memorial Day weekend is finally here. Looking forward to seeing lots of campers down at BBH this weekend. n Saturday, May 27 at 3 we will be putting the tarp up over the rec. If all those that said they would help get the tarp on, would come down to the rec just before 3 it will be done in no time at all. Anyone else that would like to help out are more than welcome. If you have a ladder you could bring, that would help out greatly.n Sunday, May 28 at 4 will be the 2nd annual Memorial Day weekend potluck dinner. n Hope to see lots of campers there.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who participated in preparing the rec for the Memorial Day weekend potluck dinner and those that brought some of their favorite dishes and snacks. It was a huge success with over 75 people attending. n Anyone interested in doing another potluck around July 23rd or so? Now that the tarp is up and the rec is fairly clean, it would be a "piece of cake". Everyone seemed to enjoy it and it was great for the newcomers to meet campers that have been here for years. Thanks once again to everyone for all the help. If there are any suggestions for next year, please let us hear from you.
DebLeahy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Deb!n n My suggestion for next years pot luck is a pot luck tarp raising party...nobody eats until they help raise the roof!! hahaha! :p
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Anybody else interested in doing a potluck on July 23? Maybe, we could do an International one. I heard that was done in the past and was a big hit. Course, if you look at the final menu of the pot luck last weekend, that was very International as well. Please give some feedback and if there is some interest, I will proceed with plans. If people aren't interested, just let me know.n The one thing I would like to do differently is have the association buy the plates and plasticware, if possible. With Sam's Club right around the corner, I could pick up that stuff in volume and the cost would be minimal. It would just make the dinner go a little more smoothly, I think. Do you agree or disagree?n Thanks,n Debbie
koneil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hi everyone! We missed out on the potluck on Memorial day. Relatives visiting from Sweden. We'd love it if another comes up. The 23rd is great and i like that idea of international.n Looking forward to seeing everyone (If the rain ever stops)
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Anyone else interested? I think everyone is just so bummed out with this weather. I am game for the 23rd of July at around 4:00 if everybody else is. Heck, it might be the next time we see the sun for any period of time. n Deb Leahy, Chip, Sharon - Is there any problem or conflict that you can think of with that date? We could move it to the 30th if it is. Just haven't had much response. Hopefully, Keri's response will get others to respond.n Thanks,n Deb
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Deb Just an idea what about the last Sat. night before the 4th of july?? After the fourth the weekends are pretty filled up with events and people having company.The summer flies by.We need to figure out how a have a movie night??? What do you think??
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't know that there were already events on the calendar. I apologize. Is there someplace on the website that I can look to find them? Smile
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Maybe next year, we could work a camper's meeting into the 3rd Annual Memorial Day potluck. The turn out for this year's potluck was so great it would have made for a great meeting. 4th of July seems so late to start making summer plans unless people already have them in mind before that. Just a thought.n Deb
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Deb They are not posted yet. They will be after the 4th of july meeting. I think we wait till then because there are more campers down then. Thats when school and sports are over. I just made a suggestion thats all. You don't have to appologize when we are just throwing ideas around. That is exactly how we can come up with new ideas.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks, Brad. I thought I messed up.n Deb
Krowe888@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Gee, I always thought that there was a small turnout on July 4th weekend at the campers meeting because of July 4th cookouts, parties, and family commitments or get togethers. Have we ever tried meeting earlier for the campers meeting to see if the numbers would improve????????
pat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

The campers' meeting is only on July 4th once every six years. It's always on the Sunday of July 4th weekend. At 11am on Sunday morning, people are down and they're available to come to the meeting. They just don't.
sharon s.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

if you noticed, the same people who were at the memorial day pot luck were the same people who come to the 4th meeting but a few less. its just whether or not people want to go,like pat said. but if anyone wants to run an event before that time, just let people know by posting it or asking around, thats not a problem at allby the way, the movie night could be the same night at the pot luck you are planning...that would be fine.......what im trying to say is, if you want to run an event, by all means do it!!1 ill help you make it happen, and i know deb and chip feel the same way. it would be great to have some events before the 4th just let us know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: