Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorial Day Weekend 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

I went to camp Sunday. It was a beautiful day there. Opened up and hooked up my water and racked etc. A few people there. Will be staying overnight on the 19th. If it's not raining.
Chip

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Deb,n Have you decided on a day and time? People have been asking me about it.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hi,n Great postcard. I just received mine. The postcard had the date of Sunday, May 28th at 4:00pm. Does that work for most people? It gives people time to get their camps opened up and then have some relaxation time too. I am bringing dessert. Does the association supply plates, plasticware, soda, etc or is that up to the campers? I wasn't sure if they supplied anything. If campers could start letting us know what they are bringing, that would be helpful (main dish, side dish, appetizer, dessert, etc). n Deb
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Maybe we could get the tarp up Saturday, the 27th around 3:00 pm. Any volunteers so we don't have to go begging? It doesn't take very long to do it.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Brad,n Haven't had any response to my last posting from anyone. Hope the pot luck isn't a washout. n Does the Association supply the condiments for the hot dogs? Just checking to see what we may need to buy. Are you going to be around on Saturday to raise the tarp? n JP, are you out there in cyberspace? Haven't seen you on here much.n Are you going to be around?n Ray, you are off the hook. You can supervise. Tell Armand to work hard and get well quickly and he can supervise too!!!n n Guess this is when the begging starts for help!!!n Deb
brad wills

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Deb Relax its early yet.I will bring the condiments for the hot dogs. We can post a big notice at the gate Friday of Memorial; Day weekend. Everybody brings what we need down there for that meal together. If you get a budget from the assoc. well then you can buy some stuff!! We will just have to play it by ear who shows or how the weather is. Thats why we do hot dogs. If no one shows we can freeze them.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks, Brad for the update. Were the date and time okay with you?
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Debbie Everything is fine. We will have a good turn out if the weather is goods. Has anybody looked at an old farmers almanac?? I find the weather is pretty accurate in there in the past. I keep forgetting to pick one up. The campers will pull through if the weather is livable. They always do!!! Happy Camping!!!!!
Chip

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Deb,n Betty and Kristen Sander asked me to RSVP. They do not have email. They will be there. n n We should have condiments in the shed if you need them. Generally for the dinners and midnight breakfasts people brought their own plates and flatware. If you want to get some soda/water, we will reimburse you for it. We can use the leftover soda later in the season.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Thanks Chip.
John Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hi Kids,been very busy trying to stay in business,I don't know why the TV says the economy is great,,Fall river 11.8 % UN Employed almost 3 times the national average,,,,even Rays New Bedford is around 11.4 % I'm told.anyway.....lets Camp,Deb I'm in we'll bring something even if its wrong Smile ..n n Brad when we gonna do the the tarp...we are going down to open up weekend of the 19th..you can always call Brad..n n Can't wait................... Cool
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

JP,n I think there are close to 100 sites at BBH. Lots of people live near Fall River or know someone who does. Where am I going with this? Well, it seems everyone is either doing a home improvement project or know someone that is. We don't want to see you having trouble staying in business when there is lots of business right in our own little BBH neighborhood. Besides carpet and vinyl, does your company also do tile? You have a retail store too, right? Stinks that the big box stores impact the smaller companies so much. Yet, they rely on you to install their product. Anybody out there at BBH who needs carpet, vinyl etc. call JP. I know his company travels beyond Fall River as well.n I am not real computer savvy. I was probably supposed to put this in another place. I reply like e-mail cause quite frankly I don't know what we are supposed to do. Sorry. n JP,n Looking forward to seeing you guys. Haven't seen Carol and Nick John since Nick Leo's birthday,around Halloween, I think. I was just a little teapot, I think, Mrs. Potts to be exact. Anyway, that is another story. n We are putting up the tarp on Saturday the 27th at 3 and having the potluck on Sunday the 28th at 4. Anything, anyone brings will be fine. That is where it gets the name. You can't go wrong. n See you then. We can't wait either.n Saw Kerry over the weekend. She said they are coming too.n Deb
sharon s.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

dont worry about the tarp debbie, people will show up to do it they always do, if not i will whip up some help...if we are around we will come to the pot luck but i cant promise anything cause im not sureso anyways i will see you at some point
John Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Hey Deb,n Thanks for your concern....We do all floors www.Jayveesinc.comn n Its not the big boxes believe me,its the 11.8 % unemployed and the fact that MA is ranked the 3rd most expensive place in this country to run a business in.......along with the fact due to petro chemicals cost flooring has more than doubled in price and the cost of fuel has put a clamp down disposable income ......IMHO.n n I also have the main store on Durfee st closed due to a projected road construction project of 3 Mons w/o notice...this city is nuts..So only the Flooring Discounters warehouse store is open.n n See ya at camp..
brad wills

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2006 Reply with quote

Debbie Hows it going??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: