Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index Blueberry Hill Forum

CurlewPond.org FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

campers list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Before you fill in the information on line, like the instructions say, Use Mixed Case!!!n n The data gets entered into an SQL database, and if you're lazy and can't hit the CAPS key, I have to go in and re-enter all of it.
dkmjacobsen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Pat,n Is the state on the update form case sensitive also?n You do a great job with the website allowing us all to keep in contact even over the winter.n If you need any help with the camper's list, don't hesitate to ask. With almost 100 sites, that is a lot of work to assemble all that information and get it distributed. Any chance, we could proofread the list before it gets formally printed? I, for one, use my list all the time.n Keep up the good work.
Chip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Deb,n The kind people who volunteer to collect dues also should be getting any updates for the list, including typos, etc. There is no way for someone to proofread the list when there is no way to verify any of information on it. We need to rely on each family to make sure their own info is correct. n I also agree with Brad that the info on the list is no different than the phonebook and we do not get alot of the "public" coming through. Maybe we can ask the dues collectors to hold the list and people who want them can pick them up.
pat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Deb, Kevin & Mariah:n Pat,n Is the state on the update form case sensitive also?
Yes. The information will appear on the list exactly as it's entered in on the form. I'd like to keep it consistent, so I'd prefer that it says "Plymouth, MA" rather than "plymouth, ma", etc.n n If someone wants to proof the information, I'll be glad to print out a few pre-release lists. Actually, the most work in the generation of the lists is getting it to look neat and presentable via MS Word. I've been trying to keep it to four pages, but as we get more people, that may be difficult. Sometimes I have to reduce the font, or the line-height to fit people onto one page and keep someone's information from splitting between two pages.n n I'm open to any alternate methods of distribution. The way I see it, it can only get easier for me. Smile
Chip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Dot and I can keep all the lists at our campsite and people can pick them up on their way in or out.
John Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Drive through window Chip,great idea lol,just busting...
Chip

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

I am thinking about selling coffee and donuts too. LOL.
pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

You want fries with that list? We can supersize it and include the addresses of the cottage owners.
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

I think we should have an ATM machine so we can debit too!!
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Pat,n n Why not maintain the list via Excel spreadsheet. That way, if people DO put all uppercase or all lowercase, it's easy enough to change.
pat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Traynor:n Why not maintain the list via Excel spreadsheet.
For several reasons, not the least of which is that I know next to nothing about Excel and wouldn't know how to convert it into an Word doc. I especially have no idea how to automate the updating via a website. I just figured that it was an easy enough thing for people to capitalize their names.n n But if you're volunteering to do the work...
brad wills

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Does anybody have the campers list in address label form so I can mail everybody a notice of our Memorial Day Dinner?? Chip can I have some money for a roll of stamps and envelopes??
John Paul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Hey Brad,glad I fixed cabin lol SNOWn n Hope you can get the list thats a good idea.n n Chiourc,10 lbs ????
pat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Brad, I can give you the list if you can make it into address label form.
brad wills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: campers list Reply with quote

Pat I'll try? Can you E=Mail it to me?? Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blueberry Hill Forum Forum Index -> Blueberry Hill All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: