Directions to Blueberry Hill Tenting Area
(If you somehow get lost, ask for Blueberry Hill camping area
on Curlew pond.)
- Rt 3 South to exit 6 (Rt 44 west).
- Left at 2nd light, then pass Shaws supermarket
(This is a brand new street and won't appear on any maps)
- Left at end of street (onto Summer St)
- Pass over Rt 3, then take first right (onto Westerly Rd)
- At the end of that road, take a right (onto Billington St)
- You should immediately cross over a stream, and then under Rt 3.
- Follow that road for a little over 4 miles.
- Now look for a large pine tree on the right with a dark blue stripe
painted around it. There should be a road sign there "Rocky Pond Road".
You're now in the campground.
- Take a right onto Rocky Pond Road (dirt road).
- The road will become paved and you will go over a very sharp hill.
- Stay to the right on the pavement.
Keep your speed under 5 mph!
Not 10. Not 7. FIVE!
The campers are
militant about this, and they will literally chase you down and chastise
you if you're driving faster than a brisk walk. There are lots of small
children running around loose, and everyone takes the speed limit pretty
- As you enter the campground, there is a large Blueberry Hill sign with a
map on it.
- Take the dirt road to the left of that sign.
- Follow that road, keeping to the left.
- After a couple hundred yards, the road will bend hard to the right.
- You will see the visitor parking lot after that on the left.
- Park there.
Return to the Curlewpond.org home page